Are Democrats “Gerrymandering The Population” With Their Open-Borders Plans?
November 18, 2019 | by James G. Dalton
In an impassioned interview with Fox Business’ Trish Regan, ‘Die Hard’ actor Robert Davi accused Democrats of “gerrymandering the population” with policies that encourage and protect illegal immigrants.
Why are Democrats so desperate to welcome people into the country with no visas and then, turn around and offer them healthcare? @RobertJohnDavi says Dems are gerrymandering the population. #TrishRegan pic.twitter.com/PTDT6TOEeo
— Trish Regan (@trish_regan) November 13, 2019
“Every single thing that they do,” Davi began.
“The Democrats and the cabal of the GOP globalists, they’ve let down the American people for gerrymandering the population.”
As The Daily Caller’s Virginia Kruta notes, Davi also referenced the Immigration and Naturalization Act, passed by former President Lyndon B. Johnson and “argued by Teddy Kennedy,” saying that they had promised the law would not encourage further illegal immigration.
“This is what’s happening, it’s pure and simple,” Davi continued.
“What they want to do is change the shape and the ideology of this nation by letting people in that have not been educated in the system. Trish, I was just in New York, I spoke to immigrant cab drivers from Bangladesh to the Dominican Republic, guys that are working their butts off that have been here legally, and they’re angry.”
Which appears to be exactly what Democrats are doing as Pat Buchanan recently noted on Bernie Sanders’ Open-Borders plan:
Democrats are moving toward an “open door” policy on the U.S. border, an open borders embrace of any and all who wish to come.
America, apparently, does not belong to those who live here and love the country. America belongs to anyone who chooses to come. America belongs to the world.
Consider Bernie Sanders’ immigration proposal, outlined the week of the massacre of Mormon women and children.
- On Day One, President Sanders would declare a moratorium on deportations and offer a “swift pathway to citizenship” for all illegal migrants who have been here for five years.
- Bernie would break up ICE.
- Border-jumping would cease to be a crime and become a civil offense like jaywalking.
- The “Muslim ban” would be abolished.
- President Sanders would back sanctuary cities that refuse to work with U.S. law enforcement.
- Asylum seekers would not have to wait in Mexico as their claims were processed but would be welcomed into the USA.
- Family separations would end.
- Trump’s wall, which Bernie calls “racist,” would be history.
- The administration’s treatment of illegal immigration “as a criminal and national security matter is inhuman, impractical and must end.”
- Migrants who enter illegally would qualify for federal health care and the same social welfare benefits as U.S. citizens.
Immigrant officials say Sanders’ proposals would create an irresistible magnet for millions of migrants from all over the world to stampede into the USA.