NY Times: Dems Reject Obama’s ‘Too Far Left’ Claims

November 18, 2019   |   by James G. Dalton

Democratic presidential primary candidates are rejecting former President Barack Obama’s claims their policies be promoted are “too far left,” The New York Times reported.

“What we’re doing right now, creating these dynamics within the Democratic Party, we’ve got to be careful, because whoever is the nominee, we have one shot to make Donald Trump a one-term president – and so I’m not interested in delineating left or right or criticizing other folks,” Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., told reporters at California’s Democratic Convention on Saturday, according to the Times.

“Let’s stop tearing each other down, let’s stop drawing artificial lines. I’m tired in this election of hearing some people say, ‘Well, if this person gets elected, I can’t support them,’ and then other people say, ‘If this person gets elected, I can’t support them.’ Are you kidding me?”

Obama had warned against candidates going “too far left,” because “the average American doesn’t think we have to completely tear down the system.”

“Well, it depends on what you mean by tear down the system,” Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., a professed Democratic-socialist responded, per the Times. “The agenda that we have is an agenda supported by the vast majority of working people.

“When I talk about raising the minimum wage to a living wage, I’m not tearing down the system. We’re fighting for justice. When I talk about healthcare being a human right and ending the embarrassment of America being the only major country on earth that does not guarantee healthcare for every man, woman and child, that’s not tearing down the system. That’s doing what we should have done 30 years ago.”

Obama administration HUD Secretary Julián Castro would not reject his former boss’ warning, the Times reported, saying he “always takes what President Obama says very, very seriously,” but Castro still believes the policies being pushed by Democrats are still going to defeat President Donald Trump.

“I don’t think that anybody in this campaign has articulated a vision for the future of the country that would not command a majority of voters in November of 2020,” Castro said, per the Times. “Their vision for the future of the country is much better and will be more popular than Donald Trump’s.”

via newsmax

1. Robert Allen

November 18, 2019 @ 3:37 pm

Yes wwg1wegoall c how that is working 4 u.😴🐓☀️👁👍💞💎🎯🤔🤪😉🥰🤨🤪😂☺️💜🧡💚❤💙💛💖💝🤗

2. Joseph Corson

November 18, 2019 @ 4:19 pm

They all need to sit down and shut up! That includes Obama!! He lost my respect when he sold us out to Iran!! As for the media, they can sit on it and spin! Virtually everyone who is a basically rational person, will recognize their hypocrisy! Viper’s, Liars, and Hypocrites!! Be warned MEDIA MORONS the American people will not forget this dispicable treasonous behavior! Never! Trump/Pence 2020!!

• Dale Hammond

November 19, 2019 @ 3:58 am

For the first time ever I agree with Obama. He said the far left Dem candidates are going too far left. I can’t believe that the Democrats are called,” PROGRESSIVE. I find them to be “DANGEROUSLY REGRESSIVE.”

3. TRAVIS

November 18, 2019 @ 4:37 pm

BOOKER … WHO LISTENS TO HIM OYEA THE 1%

4. stephen leonhard

November 19, 2019 @ 1:12 am

The Democrats are moving to the far left and if elected will destroy this country! They depend heavily upon the union vote which is only concerned with enriching the union bosses while claiming to support the average worker. They have driven the wages of the average auto worker to the point where costly robots are rapidly replacing average auto workers! The robots will not pay union dues and the fat cat union bosses will lose out! Their gravy train has run out of steam!! The day of the oppressive union bosses has passed! They never really gave a damn about the workers anyway and Jimmy Hoffa like union leaders and thugs are now powerless. Not a moment too soon!

5. stephen leonhard

November 19, 2019 @ 1:13 am

my comment appears above, unless the invisible censor again deletes it !

6. stephen leonhard

November 19, 2019 @ 1:15 am

my comment appears above, unless the invisible censor again deletes it!!
    And it appears the censor insists I have said this before.I HAVE NOT!!
    Stephen Leonhard

7. stephen leonhard

November 19, 2019 @ 1:17 am

my comment appears above, unless the invisible censor again deletes it!!
    And it appears the censor insists I have said this before.I HAVE NOT!!
    Stephen Leonhard Once again the secret censor refuses to show my remarks!!

8. stephen leonhard

November 19, 2019 @ 1:21 am

The secret censor frequently insists I have made a comment before when i HAVE NOT!! and refuses to print it!

9. stephen leonhard

November 19, 2019 @ 1:22 am

see my comment about secret censorship above!!

• stephen leonhard

November 19, 2019 @ 1:30 am

The Secret Censor frequently insists that I have said the same thing before when I HAVE NOT!!
      I freely admit that I despise Nancy Pelosi as being a multimillionaire living in a walled and guarded estate but denying the rest of us an equivalent Southern wall! Providing easy access to criminals , human traffickers and drugs!! Damned Hypocrite!!

• stephen leonhard

November 19, 2019 @ 1:33 am

Again the secret censor insists I have said this before WHEN I HAVE NOT!!!!!!