Trump’s Campaign Drops First Spanish-Language TV Ad

June 30, 2020   |   by James G. Dalton

President Donald Trump’s campaign has released its first Spanish-language television advertisement, dropping a spot that is identical to one in English that claims probable Democrat nominee Joe Biden does not have the “mental capacity” to lead the nation.

The campaign has spent more than $660,000 on the Spanish language campaign ad since it started running it, reports NBC News, quoting Advertising Analytics.

The advertisement is hitting hard in traditional Latino markets, posting more than 150 times each in the Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melbourne, Miami-Ft. Lauderdale, and Tampa-St. Petersburg-Sarasota television markets in Florida as well as in Phoenix, Arizona, but is also being placed on national television and in key swing states such as Pennsylvania, Michigan, and North Carolina.

The campaign has already been running some Spanish-language digital advertising as well and has been reaching out to Latino voters through the coalition “Latinos for Trump,” which consists of 21 advisory board members who pitch Trump to Latinos. The coalition held an event online last week, featuring an appearance from Rep. Jenniffer González-Colón, Puerto Rico’s congressional delegate.

Campaign deputy communications director Ali Pardo told NBC News in a statement, Biden is making “false promises to America’s Latinos” because his “pro-China, anti-worker, globalist policies shipped our jobs overseas. His support for illegal immigration depressed American workers’ wages, making it harder for everyone, including legal immigrants, to achieve the American Dream.”

Biden, however, had a lead of 57% to Trump’s 33% among registered Latino voters in June’s NBC/WSJ Poll. His campaign has already run several Spanish-language television advertising, particularly during the Democratic primary and is currently running a spot that criticizes Trump’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic and the economy.

via newsmax

1. Frances Carlson

June 30, 2020 @ 3:33 pm

I probably shouldn’t say this, but here goes anyway. I resent having to push 1 for English. Post Native Americans, Latinos and the French, the language in this country has always been English. Had it not been for the English speaking Americans who fought in World War II, all of Europe would most likely be speaking German. Why should we pander to those speaking Spanish, many of whom are foreign invaders. If one cannot speak English, I question why they should be able to vote. Learn our language, our customs and assimilate. We should not lose our values to appease those who choose to come here to share our freedom which we are losing day by day. You’re either an American or you’re not in which case you should return to your country of origin. “When in Rome, do as the Roman’s do.”

2. Old wolf

June 30, 2020 @ 3:37 pm

Is trump hoping to get the illegals to vote for him ? Why not have them learn English instead of us having to learn Spanish to make their life easer . Isn’t our country a English speaking country ?

3. Mary liscano

June 30, 2020 @ 7:42 pm

Yes,you come here,learn English.I’m Hispanic born here,didn’t know a drop of English,learned by age of six.AND NO BILINGUAL TEACHERS.A waste of money.English is the language of this great USA.

• Alila Barreras

July 1, 2020 @ 6:08 am

Sorry for my poor knowledge of the English language.
      I agree one hundred percent that if you go to China you should learn Chinese for everything and I consider it the same if we decide to live in the United States. Unfortunately, all Americans never pressured our government to officially speak English. USA has no official language. I always agreed to support the proposition ‘English only, that would be the right thing to do. A large amount of money from our states is wasted to give people information on Welfare, Housing, Food Stamps, and Voting ballots in different languages. The most unlikely thing is that foreigners who are citizens of various countries make them take the citizenship test in their native language after a certain age. The American people never paid attention to this. The same happened with our Amendment 14. In England, if you are not a citizen of England, your children who were born in this country must go to their parents’ embassy and register their children with their nationality until they are citizens of England. They only give you the birth certificate, not the citizenship certificate. The United States has been asleep in its politicking. The people of the United States never took action in this regard, and now anchor children, born to illegal parents in the country, have the same rights as the children of citizens. My personal opinion is that the American people with their generosity have allowed themselves to be robbed of their country by corrupt politicians who have caused the deepest swamp ever seen to be full of Democratic and Republican crocodiles. I think that Donald Trump is advising him very badly and since he has been betrayed so many times we are worried. I send several letters with my opinions to the President, if they read it well and if I did not fulfill my citizen duty. All this is put in order when the American people begin to actively participate in Washington DC by sending letters to their representatives, senators and congressmen who are also misguided that if the president can only exercise 8 years from the Supreme Court to the House of Representatives they are in their positions for so many years or for life. That has brought about the corruption that we have today. In the 2016 elections, Hispanics who love him voted for the president as well as blacks without propaganda. This is how it should continue and as a Cuban-American I sent several letters asking that the presidential website not be put up in Spanish because it was a discrimination against other groups of immigrants who speak other languages. If the people would like to communicate with the president must do it in English or broken Englis like mine. There is much to do and we must all do it together. I will vote for Donald Trump again to put the country in order.

• Alila Barreras

July 1, 2020 @ 6:26 am

Read my comment in this forum. Remember a lot of “Latinos or Hispanic” are supporting to our president independently that he make advetises or not. IN my personal point of wie I prefer that he continue as he was in 2016. The unique way for resolve it, is sending letters to our President or Vice-President. Participating in everything!

4. Alila Barreras

July 1, 2020 @ 6:14 am

Sorry for my poor knowledge of the English language.
    I agree one hundred percent that if you go to China you should learn Chinese for everything and I consider it the same if we decide to live in the United States. Unfortunately, all Americans never pressured our government to officially speak English. The USA has no official language. I always agreed to support the proposition ‘English only, that would be the right thing to do. A large amount of money from our states is wasted to give people information on Welfare, Housing, Food Stamps, and Voting ballots in different languages. The most unlikely thing is that foreigners who are citizens of various countries make them take the citizenship test in their native language after a certain age. The American people never paid attention to this. The same happened with our Amendment 14. In England, if you are not a citizen of England, your children who were born in this country must go to their parents’ embassy and register their children with their nationality until they are citizens of England. They only give you the birth certificate, not the citizenship certificate. The United States has been asleep in its politicking. The people of the United States never took action in this regard, and now anchor children, born to illegal parents in the country, have the same rights as the children of citizens. My personal opinion is that the American people with their generosity have allowed themselves to be robbed of their country by corrupt politicians who have caused the deepest swamp ever seen to be full of Democratic and Republican crocodiles. I think that Donald Trump is advising him very badly and since he has been betrayed so many times we are worried. I send several letters with my opinions to the President, if they read it well and if I did not fulfill my civic duty. All this is put in order when the American people begin to actively participate in Washington DC by sending letters to their representatives, senators, and congressmen who are also misguided that if the president can only exercise 8 years from the Supreme Court to the House of Representatives they are in their positions for so many years or for life. That has brought about the corruption that we have today. In the 2016 elections, Hispanics who love him voted for the president as well as blacks without propaganda. This is how it should continue and as a Cuban-American, I sent several letters asking that the presidential website not be put up in Spanish because it was discrimination against other groups of immigrants who speak other languages. If the people would like to communicate with the president must do it in English or broken Englis like mine. There is much to do and we must all do it together. I will vote for Donald Trump again to put the country in order.

%d bloggers like this: